Preparing For Surgery
Surgeries can be tricky, things could escalate to dangerous outcomes if not prepared and handled properly. At K.M.C Hospital, it is our responsibility to ensure that your surgical experience is safe.
Ensuring safety has three phases
Preparing for surgery
Rest adequately and familiarise yourself with instructions given by physician/surgeon.
During your stay at the hospital, we will leave no stone unturned to keep you safe, free from complications and comfortable. We request you to follow fundamental guidelines given below to prepare yourself for surgery.
Pre - Operation Phase
- Get all your doubts clarified about the procedure from your medical team.
- For a day surgery – Make sure you have adult supervision to accompany you and drive you home post surgery. In case, you do not have anybody to accompany you, we would be more than willing to reschedule your procedure to fit your need.
- If you fall ill one day prior to the surgery, call your doctor immediately.
- Ensure maximum hygiene before you get admitted to minimize the possibility of infections.
- If you discover that you may be pregnant post diagnosis of your surgery inform the surgeon immediately.
On Surgery Day
What you can carry